Today our youngest son, the baby, is 17. As we prepared to celebrate another year of his birth, I started thinking about cards (of course) and knew the Geared Up Garage Stamp Set and Garage Gears Thinlits Dies was just the ticket for the boy who is in a Diesel Technology program through our high school.
- The card base is Gray Granite Cardstock, layered with Black and Whisper White Cardstock.
- First I stamped the oil slick multiple times with Smoky Slate Ink as well as a few nuts.
- Next I stamped the gas can and tool box on a scrap of Whisper White in Momento Black Ink, coloring them in with my Stampin Blends markers in Dark Real Red, Dark Smoky Slate, Light Smoky Slate on the tools and Light Night of Navy for the screwdriver handle and die cut them out.
- I die cut the gears out of Gray Granite Cardstock and used a sponge dauber to add color using Gray Granite Ink.
- I stamped the sentiment in Momento Black Ink on a strip of Real Red Cardstock and added Classic Garage Metal Elements.